Monday, 27 October 2014

Ancient Chinese Royalty

To help create my story I decided to research further into Ancient Chinese royalty, and I came across the 'Four Beauties', who were women from ancient China legendary for their looks and the influence they had over emperors and kings who had fallen for their charms.

One of them was called Yang Guifei, who caught the attention of Emperor Xuanzong. He was besotted with her, and would do anything to have her - even though she was married to his own son. She was said to have “a face that would shame any flower.” As a result of this Emperor Xuanzong started to neglect his duties, as he preffered to spend time in her company. He would do anything to impress her so he started making her family officals in court. As a result of this a rebellion started to happen against him and they ordered that Yang Guifei be excexuted. She ended up hanging herself instead - and it now said that 'her beauty brought down a dynasty.'

There is now a film being made about her life. I have found reading about this really interesting, and it has given me an insight to how I could create my character story.


No comments:

Post a Comment